WITH CBT: Psycho educational group meant for people in relationship WITH a participant in the CBT Module ...
WITH CBT: Psycho educational group meant for people in relationship WITH a participant in the CBT Module
The WITH Module is a psycho educational group meant for people in relationship WITH a participant in the CBT Module
Although the CBT Module is meant for young adults suffering from a first psychotic episode, the WITH Module offers to people in relationship with the young adult means to better understand the experience of the person living a first psychotic episode as well as of his close family. As in the case of the CBT Module, the WITH program comprises 4 sections with a total of 24 group activities animated by 2 therapists. In the past, the CBT Module (cognitive behavioural therapy) was successfully presented to many young adults living a first psychotic episode. We noticed that people close to the patient (parents, brothers or sisters, partners) expressed an interest to have more information regarding the activities of the CBT Module. The WITH Module was specifically conceived for close family and friends of the patient.
Here are the general objectives of the WITH module:
At the end of the WITH module, close family and friends to the patient will be able to:
1) Understand the impact of a first psychotic episode on the person having it as well as on his close family and friends;
2) Accompany and support the young adult through his first psychotic episode;
3) Identify the means in order to reduce the consequences and discomfort related to the first psychotic episodes for the young adult and his (her) close family and friends;
4) Exchange with other people living a similar situation and share means with them in order to feel better;
5) Understand the implications of being in relationship with a person suffering from a first psychotic episode;
6) Maintain a positive attitude and keep the hope of recovery of the person having a first psychotic episode;
7) Take advantage of cognitive behavioural strategies in order to minimize the difficulties associated with a first psychotic episode;
8) Adapt to stressful situations and be able to control the symptom related to stress;
9) Collaborate in finding a plan in order to avoid a relapse.
EXCHANGE AND RETURN POLICY
The product is non returnable and non refundable.
Shipping is not included and will be charged in extra. Shipping fees may vary depending the weight and volume of your complete order. The more items your order contains the more those fee might raise.
By buying a handbook about group therapy, you attest that you have previously received a formation in group psychotherapy with patients displaying serious mental health issues. You also attest that you have a sufficient formation in behavioral cognitive therapy to follow the
group intervention handbook. If you don’t plan on offering group interventions yourself, you guarantee that the therapists that will offer them do have the necessary skills to do so.